Thursday, February 28, 2013

Juicy Claims (Blog #9)

1) In today's world, I see that a lot of people walk around blind. Is it technology? Or is it the social networking sites that instead of bringing friends closer only keeps them more apart?

2) I always hear that long distance relationships never work out. Is it really the distance or is it the that the couple don't want it to work in the first place?

3) Movies, commercials or even magazines can have influences on teenage girls on how to dress, look or even feel.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Iris! I'm immediately drawn to Thesis #1, first because option #3 sounds more like a statement of fact (not really arguable) and #2 doesn't seem as much of a serious concern as Thesis #1. Also, I can see several of our readings working to help you make your claim. So, the first thing you'll want to do is turn your questions into a statement. Are you arguing that it is more the influence of social networking (rather than our technological devices) that are impacting our ability to connect with others and the world around us? If so, I can see you doing a countering claim against the iPod World essay. You could counter him, stating that you agree with his concern but you disagree with his conclusion that it's the devices fault. Instead, you will argue that social networking is largely to blame for the disconnection in modern American society and explain why. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete