Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Is Google Making Us Stupid? (Blog #8)


In Nicholas Carr’s article “Is Google Making Us Stupid” he talks about how Google is taking over our brain and how we count on the website to help us find even the simplest things. At least that’s what I got from the first 2 pages. Unfortunately I could not focus on the rest of the article. I’m not really sure why, but I think it has to do with the fact that he uses a whole bunch of examples just to get his point across, and most of the examples I could really care less about. I actually liked one of his examples it was the one with Friedrich Nietzsche and him with the typewriter. I like the way how he was losing his eyesight and how he learned how to type and just by closing his eyes he can type his words from his mind to the sheet of paper. It really fascinates me how much our brain can do when we lose one sense, we can enhance another part. Overall, I could not keep up with this article, it is actually way to long and has too much examples if just by putting only a couple it can actually just be 2 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment