Thursday, January 17, 2013

Shitty First Drafts (Blog #3)


                I love this reading, Shitty First Drafts by Anne Lamott! It speaks the truth. She talks about how people think that the best known authors out there can just a write a paper in a snap! But in reality they can’t. What Anne talks about is that they take their time, and they write shitty first drafts! They do more than one draft, to the masterpiece. I love one of her quote that says, “You just let the childlike part of you channel whatever voices and visions come through onto the page. If one of the characters wants to say “Well so what Mr. Poopy Pants?,” you let her!” Funny quote! I remember one time I did exactly what she said; I did shitty first drafts and a lot of them, and got an A. So I had the confidence in writing a paper. I put them off to the last minute and with my confidence I wrote a paper in 30 minutes. I thought I wrote an awesome paper. Boy was I wrong! I got C’s and D’s. I was really disappointed. After that I can’t even write a paper until the due date. I find no reason to do them early because I don’t have confidence in myself to write them. But I am going to change that. I am going to do what Anne says, and write shitty first drafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment