Wednesday, January 30, 2013

iPod World: The End of Society? (Blog #5)


Out of the two readings I was more interested in reading Andrew Sullivan’s “iPod World: The End of Society?” This reading was about how the today’s society is becoming less involved on what’s going on around them. In the beginning of the reading Andrew talks about walking in New York and as we all know it is busy. People are always either walking or riding their bikes, but they also have their iPod’s on. I myself like to listen to music when I’m out and about. It’s not because I want to tune out the world, it’s because I like to tune out the cars. They are too loud! And it distracts me to look at the cars because I hate looking at a car and person is just staring at me. The person is just staring and it is annoying!! Mind your own business dude!! I don’t see a reason why it’s bad to tune out the world though. Some people don’t have the money to get a way and go to a Hawaii or somewhere just to tune out the world. That’s why we have music. It’s my own playlist. The songs that help me relax, that helps me understand what I’m feeling. But it is also good just to sit out and listen to world once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment